My first blog post!

Hello world, my name is Harland and I'm a father of four with vary little time for just about everything. Before becoming a dad I was an adventurer and would jump at any opportunity to travel and try new things if I could afford it. Now as a dad and husband my money and time goes to being around my kids as much as possible, while trying to make the best of what I have as well. As a  former United States Marine I got the opportunity to serve all over the world and experience different cultures and lifestyles. This has given me a different perspective on life, and now I focus really hard on looking at things at all different angles and aspects. 

The main reason I took this Marketing class was because it is a requirement for my practical business management degree, but I’m definitely interested in marketing in general and hope to learn a lot. I’ve been hooked by ads and the branding angles of products all me life and definitely want to know why and how it works so well. I’m interested in creating my own brand and hope to include it in a passion and possible business in the future one day. The whole concept of finding a niche in a product market and solving problems that no one has been able to solve intrigues me. I’m hoping to broaden my view on why people do what they do and maybe find a place in the business world to excel my lifestyle to a more exciting one. 

Some of my passions are exploring new places and seeing things I’ve never experienced before. Unfortunately being a dad of a 1,3,5 and 8 year old my life has been full of dirty diapers and cleaning up after them. The wrath of destruction left behind after the tornado of kids comes through my house is a full time job, but it seems to be becoming easier the older they get. Soon they will all be able to explore more and adventure out and see what the world has to offer. I feel that the more a child sees as they grow up, the more they will be comfortable in doing in the future. I want my kids to be open minded and not judgmental but also have morels and values that they can stand up for and not feel ashamed or ostracized for by the majority. We are living in some crazy times and I just hope I can provide the best possible opportunity for my kids to flourish and not get sucked into a social blackhole. 

On a lighter note, I have nothing but confidence in what we as a nation can accomplish and over come. We have more opportunities and support than any generation before us has had and for that I am very thankful. I love our country and know my kids will have a good chance at succeeding at what ever they choose to pursue. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing in the news